This past week we learned about The Present that God requested from Abraham in Genesis 22.
- Abraham and Sarah waited on Isaac
- Abraham and Sarah loved Isaac
- God asks Abraham to sacrifice Isaac
- Abraham is faithful and obeys God
- God is faithful providing a sacrifice in place of Isaac
God is faithful having ultimately provided a sacrifice in our place… Jesus Christ
Review the story together as a family…
Read: Genesis 22:1-12
- What does God want us to show him? —faith
- What does the word faith mean?
- Why do we sometimes call Jesus the lamb of God? –Genesis 22:13-14
- Make a list of at least three ways God has been faithful to your family this week.
God had a plan… One day , he would get his children back. One day, he would make the world their perfect home again. And one day, he would wipe away every tear from their eyes.