We learned that there were 3 very important leadership positions in the Old Testament… Prophet, Priest, and King.
Review the offices of Prophet, Priest, and King with your kids.
The Prophets job was to speak God’s word to the people… Whenever the people got out of line… It was the prophets job to help them see their foolishness.
- Moses was a great prophet, but he sinned against God (Numbers 20).
The Priest’s job was to offer sacrifices, prayers, and praises to God on behalf of the people.
- Aaron was a great priest, but he sinned against God (Exodus 32).
The King ruled over the people as God’s substitute.
- David was a great King, but he sinned against God (2 Samuel 11).
Who is the perfect prophet, priest, and king that all of Scripture is waiting for and pointing to?
1. How should we respond to Jesus as prophet?
- All of Jesus’ words are true and right – obey
2. How should we respond to Jesus as king?
- Jesus always does the right thing – obey
3. How should we respond to Jesus as priest (Jesus was the perfect sacrifice for sin giving us access to the Father)?
- Enter into God’s presence with praise – worship